Friday, 21 June 2013

A Question For The Police (Episode 2)

The other day KT blogged about this :

KT included the email :
Well KT got a swift reply :

Dear Mr Bowden,

Thank you for contacting the Independent Police Complaint Commission (IPCC). We 
acknowledge receipt of your email dated 18 June 2013.

Unfortunately we cannot pursue a complaint about an incident that has been seen 
in the media, in this case a television programme.

The Police Reform Act 2002 states that a complaint can be made by any person 
adversely affected by an incident. This includes distress, inconvenience, loss 
or damage, or being put in danger or at risk. This might apply for example, to 
other people present at the incident or to the parent of a child or young person 
or friend of the person directly affected. It does not include someone 
distressed by watching an incident on television or reading about it in the 

However any complaints received from individuals involved would be considered in 
the normal way as set out in the Police Reform Act 2002. The Independent Police 
Complaints Commission appreciates that you took the time to write and express 
your views. You may wish to pass your comments onto the police service 


Angela Beart
Customer Contact Advisor
Independent Police Complaints Commission
Tel: 0300 020 0096

Help us develop and improve our website - please take a few moments to complete 
our survey at<> "
  1. The young people involved had there faces blurred by
    TV company so impossible to identify.
  2.  Its not about me being "distressed" , its about whether the police officer intimidated the young person by suggesting "he cant have it both ways" which could be taken to mean "stop joyriding or we wont come round and help when your dad hits you next time" 
    KT would just like someone to look at it, no more, no less.
    If us adults cant speak up for young people then we are doing things wrong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment